There is unclaimed cash out there and some of this cash could belong to you! As you know I try to help you find extra cash in ways you may not have looked at before. Who knows you might get an extra windfall you had not expected. According to Robert Longley from About.com’s guide to government resources you could be owed thousands!
• Certain types of insurance companies a few years ago turned policyholders into stockholders and paid out dividends. Check out this website to see if your insurance company converted to stocks: www.glenndaily.com/mhctable.htm. Contact them to see if you are owed money.
• Did you know that the IRS is holding billions of dollars of unclaimed refunds? This is due to people who didn’t file a return. You can get forms for a prior year at: www.irs.gov. File your return and you could be getting money back!
• Did you lose a savings bond and you know it has stopped earning interest, but you haven’t redeemed it? Fill out form PDF 1048 at: www.publicdebt.treas.gov to track down a lost savings bond. It is really hard to search the form you need through the website above. So I went through www.google.com and typed form PDF 1048 and was able to find it right away. To be safe though you may still want to go through the www.publicdebt.treas.gov website. Just know you will have to work to find the form. I eventually did find it through them but there were so many unlikely steps I almost gave up!
• Did you work for a company that has gone bankrupt? You can see if you have retirement funds waiting to be retrieved by going to: www.pbgc.gov and see if you are a missing plan participant.
• There is all kinds of unclaimed money out there that you may not be aware is in your name. Things like unclaimed paychecks, utility deposits and life insurance proceeds may be held at your state’s property office. Log on to: www.unclaimed.org.
Who knows there may be money waiting for you to claim and you didn’t even know about it. You may be able to do something extra special for your anniversary you hadn’t planned on because of money found.
Keep those sparks flying!
© 2009 – 2010, Surprise Kiss. All rights reserved.